Professional backround – short summary:
West African Helicopters Ltd. (prev. Gulfwing Ltd.) Ghana, Accountable Mangaer, Operations Director. GulfwingLtd. – Ghana, engaged in restarting the company through NHC (2003) Flyworld Ltd. – Cyprus. Est. helicopter xompany with local partner. EHC-fixed wing dep. – two Cessna citation business jets (est.1997) Torp Hangar AS – airport real estate Norway, built 5000 sq. m. aircraft hangar (1997).
Started two own companies: European Helicopter Center AS (www.ehc.no) and Norwegian Helicopter Consultants, dealer for Robinson Helicopter Co. (1993-2008). Greenland AirLtd. Pilot/captain, flying heavy turbine helicopters on rescue, ambulance,polar expeditions and various transportassignments (1992-93)
Started own company : Skylift AS, Pilot School/helicopter company (1984-91) Helicopter Service AS (1978-84), Inland, Air Ambulance, Offshore Oil Support, Lufttransport AS, Helicopter pilot (1973-77). Base Manger at Spitsbergen, Artic (75/76) Norwegian merchant marine, seaman – 2. officer engine (1965-69)
Some previous education:
- Several Aviation Operational and leadership Courses.
- Several Helicopter Type Rating Courses.
- robinson Helicopter Co, USA, (1994) Instructor Safety Course.
- Flight Safety, (1980) Instrumnt Training.
- Niagara Helicopters, Canda, (1971) Helicopter CPL.
- Norwgian School of Aviation, (!969-71) Aircraft CPL.
- Sandefjord Polytechnic School – Ships engine engineering. (196-69)
- Merchant marine engineers school, 2.nd officer (1967-68)
- Primary education in Stockholm, Sweden.
Total flying time (2011): More than 15.000 Hours (PIC- pilot in Command of which 5.000as Flight Instructor-FI).
Type ratings on helicopters:
- Bell types : 47-205-206-206L-214-222
- Sikorsky: S 61 Sea King (heavy offshore helicopter)
- Hughes: 300/500
- Eurocopter: AS 350 B1/BA/B2 Ecureuil – AS 355 F1/N Twin ecureuil
- Robinson: R 22 & R 44
- Holds type ratings on serveral fixed wing aircraft.
EASA/JAA- Commercial pilots License helicopter & aircraft – CPL-H/A
US instrument rating – IR-H (helicopter)
Flight instructor rating, helicopter & aircraft – FI-H/A
Ole Ronald Aronsen, Managing Director, EHC International and MD/MFO and Helicopter Consultant